User Tag List

Register to Reply
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Origins: Dark Age of Camelot. "Fun, Not Hard"

Friend of mine couple days ago updated me on Camelot Unchained, said 60 days till beta. I think there's going to be much interest in this direction. That being said, Most people are traumatized by Uthgard. The Leveling, The Abuse from Forum mods and Devs, The Grind, The let down when you got 50. Nice Template,(The Cost OMG?) and then the Frontiers were dead. Why? People had to deal with 1 charge potions, and realms that had item buffs and some didn't. No buff merchants or Buff Bots allowed. No 2nd Acct. The public Ban humiliation on the forum Boards.
    (Not like Live. Which people are accustomed to.)

Don't get me wrong, Dark Age of Camelot is the Greatest MMO that have ever been made. But what drives people to play it? Developing a character and getting them to 50 is fun, challenge and most satisfying.

That's why I recommend, Make Origins "Fun, Not Hard"

I would love to have arguing on the forums about who kicked what person's ass or what awesome fight they have. But we hear about banning 2nd accounts and using a Buff bot.
    I agree ban folks for cheating. ie: Radar, flying hacks.But, for playing a game that has the original mechanics as realized, should not be banned or looked down on.

That's why I recommend, Make Origins "Fun, Not Hard"

Leveling, little easier then Uthgard. Crafting, little easier then Uthgard. Buff Merchants in PVE and RVR. 2nd acct's allowed and Buffs and Endurance from healing class allowed.

Like Trump said "What the hell you got to lose"

People will come, People will play, and people will stay.

Blacksin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhat agree.

The game is getting on now and the player base is shrinking every time a private server fails to meet expectations.

The game should not focus on grindy PvE, it shouldn't be ridiculously fast but it shouldn't be ridiculously slow either. Everyone knows the real game starts at 50 when you are templated and RvRing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know several people on Uthgard who started cheating just because the game was going sideways for them and they felt they had nothing to lose by trying. I can fully understand why some were doing that with the state of the game there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're trying to gather as much input from you guys as possible so that we can make the game enjoyable for all. The more people who participate in our polls the more likely the game is to be fun for those who play it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's cool Cosmos. Making the experience enjoyable is the most important thing. People will be less likely to risk cheating if they are enjoying themselves. When people aren't enjoying themselves, then you start getting more and more people cheating just because they don't care anymore whether or not they get banned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
    We're trying to gather as much input from you guys as possible so that we can make the game enjoyable for all. The more people who participate in our polls the more likely the game is to be fun for those who play it.
    Nice! I can't agree more. I kinda think I know the direction this is going and some people ain't going to be too happy. But hey, they can go play Phoenix with that vile creature Vivien...ewwww

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I for one am looking forward to Origins , I still log in to Uth when I am really bored, but there is no draw there for me unfortunately. If the realm timer was reduced and the levelling faster I wouldn't be writing this but it is not.

Just hope Origins does release when it is ready and not rushed . Keep up with the good work guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I feel about buffbots, and while I agree they should be banned or should be allowed with 100% commitment from the staff, i beleive they should be allowed. The reason being is, people are clever. They find ways to cheat, and avid cheaters are good at it. If you allow buffbots, theres no doubt of someone cheating with one. I see people constantly with buffbots on Uthgard. And they never get banned. Personally I think uthgard is the admins playground. They refuse to change glaringly obvious bugs without "100% undeniable proof" even if everyone on the server is screaming at them that its wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well myself and a few friends are excited about Genesis (as we call it from before). We tried Uthgard but lasted about 2 weeks and got sick of it.

Here is hoping for allowing ONE extra account for a total of 2, not entire groups of extra accounts, as well as leveling via BG's and Det for hybrids.

I will be Albion and loving every minute of it and spending a lot of time here as long as we get some QoL changes from Uthgard.

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice stable server but boring as hell. I enjoy PvE but not when I have to sit after every fight. I get tired of looking for a group for an hour before finally finding one. I just want to be able to get my main going with hit buff bot and start leveling and xping and welcoming other players to join.

Hope we have an /LFG channel in game also to make this easier. MMO's have learned that making life easier for players in PvE means more players. WoW has the largest playerbase and has added a TON of QoL changes over time and have retained a huge amount of players and still brings in new players.

We won't all agree on everything, but hopefully we can get some of these things. Nice thing about buffbots, or high xp in BG's, or /lfg, is that if you don't like them you don't have to use them, while those of us with busy schedules and not a lot of time to play can take advantage and not feel left behind trying to always catch up.

I do think buffbots should be PvE ONLY though, but that's just personal opinion.

Thread Footer