User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should we allow buff bots?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes buff bots in PvE only

15 12.93%
  • Yes buff bots in both RvR and PvE

31 26.72%
  • Yes buff merchants in PvE

4 3.45%
  • Yes buff merchants in RvR and PvE

10 8.62%
  • Yes buff merchants in PvE (with less stats on buffs then buff classes)

7 6.03%
  • Yes buff merchants in RvR and PvE (with less stats on buffs then buff classes)

18 15.52%
  • No Buff Bots

31 26.72%
Register to Reply
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[In Progress] Buff Bots

Should we allow players to have buff bots, or should we allow buff merchants? Furthermore if buff merchants are chosen, what level buffs with what stats would you like to see?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted for buff merchants in RvR and PvE with less stats than buff classes. I wanted to post why in case maybe there is differing opinion and something I'm not seeing.

I feel like buff merchants would be really nice and is something I wish uthgard 2.0 had. I just recently came back to uthgard and with no buff bots/merchants, it's already hard enough to compete 1vs1 as low RR, but it's almost impossible to compete against those that have str/con dex/quick buff charge items when you don't have them.

I think that allowing buff bots though would basically make it a requirement to have a buff bot if you want to be competitive, so at that point there might as well just be merchants. However I don't think the merchants should give max buffs, as it would negate the purpose of some classes. For example if you had max end regain on the buff merchant, what would be the point of making a Paladin? Solo friars would also be less effective.

I think if the merchants had 3rd to last in spec line would be a nice sweet spot. Would still give an advantage to buff/end classes that choose to spec that way, and there would still be a benefit for solo people to have the buff charge items but not so much that those with it just stomp those without.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buffbot in rvr if buffshearing is added to game

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by labra View Post
    Buffbot in rvr if buffshearing is added to game
    I've added a poll relating to your request: https://www.darkageoforigins.com/sho...-Buff-shearing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well crap! I have to say something. Buff bots RVR and PVE like Live. And I would do buff merchants for people with 1 PC. Make it easier for everyone, because the Full groups will still rip shit up and then the solo's and Duo's /Pug's will have a bit of a chance. I think the results will be fun leveling and Crazy ass fights in the frontier gates. ie: AMG Emain.

Live pre - TOA was a crazy fun time and if you could replicate that, it would be awesome. If you copy Uthgard and Phoenix, You will fail.

Be different, be wild, be creative!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
    Should we allow players to have buff bots, or should we allow buff merchants? Furthermore if buff merchants are chosen, what level buffs with what stats would you like to see?
    Just tier to level like live. Grey, Green, Blue, Yellow, Red. For buff merchants. Then make the price accordingly. Don't make it hard, make it fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mongo Love Buff Botts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
    People that say no to buff bots, should just play Uthgard and they will be happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definately no to buffbots. Maybe buff merchants. I mean if they can guarantee zero influence on the server when there's double the amount of characters on the server i could change my mind, but i have my doubts there.
    Uthgard 2.0
    mid: Species, Panini, Jaecar, ...
    hib: Jabstar, Diesl, Strickland, Seiceps, ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by species View Post
    Definately no to buffbots. Maybe buff merchants. I mean if they can guarantee zero influence on the server when there's double the amount of characters on the server i could change my mind, but i have my doubts there.
    Go Play Uthgard if you don't want People to have buffs and heals, endurance, if they solo or duo/Pug. You'd will be happy there. There's a reason Uthgard failed, and people that can't see that, shouldn't do a server in the first place.
    It's clear that people that Full Group don't want others to have the same abilities. Maybe they jealous? Small Genital's and drive red sports cars?

Thread Footer