User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: What should the RvR port timer be?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • 15 mins

1 0.96%
  • 10 Minutes

6 5.77%
  • 5 Minutes

56 53.85%
  • No Timer

36 34.62%
  • Other (please explain)

5 4.81%
Register to Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[In Progress] RvR Port Timer

How would you like the RvR port system to work? Please give details if you select other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other --- 5-10 minutes based on server pop, lower pop = lower timer.
    -Providing "dribble" satisfaction for every troll's swallowing desire, including tsujin and ceen.
    "And that's the bottom line... 'Cause Stone Cold Griff Said So!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to add reason for why I voted for no timer.

With old frontiers I think no timer is perfectly fine. There is still the delay of everyone releasing from a fight porting back to the frontier, rebuffing then heading back into the fight.
    I think issues arise if you are able to port directly into a keep you are defending or even close by like New Frontiers did. But being able to instantly port into the frontier will give more consistent action.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say no time this is old frontiers so the port is only to the border not the keeps itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will there be teleports to certain keeps (i.e. Crau, Bled, Beno)?
    If yes, will this timer be used for those as well?

With that being said, IMHO: having no timer is bad as having to wait too long, because it would give a chance to griefing for fights happening outside PK's (relaese & port back while fight still going on and add again), also, considering DAoC pace i guess that 5 minutes is really close to no wait at all, but would cover from the previously mentioned issue.
    On the other hand, anything above 10 minutes would be bad since sometimes people do lose port, and it would create an useless timesink (since buffing should require less than 10 minutes for *normal* people).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caemma View Post

With that being said, IMHO: having no timer is bad as having to wait too long, because it would give a chance to griefing for fights happening outside PK's (relaese & port back while fight still going on and add again).
    I fail to see how this is classified as griefing? If you are defending your frontier and you get zerged outside of an enemy PK that is not griefing LOL.

The ONLY issue with instant Ports is it will be slightly harder to defend your furthest keeps. That is all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted 5 minutes but to be very specific i would have gone with 3 minutes. You still have a small penalty for dying, but the timer is short enough to not mind it to much. 5 minutes could be long,
    2x dying unluckily, 2x missing port by a few seconds. It's rare but it happens. With a 3 minute porter even with bad luck, you'll be waiting 5-6 minutes over 2 ports, max.
    Uthgard 2.0
    mid: Species, Panini, Jaecar, ...
    hib: Jabstar, Diesl, Strickland, Seiceps, ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimosh View Post
    I fail to see how this is classified as griefing? If you are defending your frontier and you get zerged outside of an enemy PK that is not griefing LOL.

The ONLY issue with instant Ports is it will be slightly harder to defend your furthest keeps. That is all.
    Well, I guess i forgot to also specify "griefing for *FAIR* fights happening outside PKs".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 Minutes

Enough time to delay any raids and mass ports, but not too long to make it boring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caemma View Post
    Well, I guess i forgot to also specify "griefing for *FAIR* fights happening outside PKs".
    I really hope the infectious retardation of people expecting fair fights in RVR in this game stays on Uthgard.

Thread Footer